Wednesday, October 16, 2013

First Fashion Show event #MBFW

I finally made it to New York for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. I am a Facebook follower of Azy Banks, Sengalese International Male Model. I attended his event, Azy Banks Fashion Tour( Talibe Charity Foundation) in Spanish Harlem on Friday, September 6, 2013. Overjoyed to be in New York once again, the subway system was my illustrious guide. I made it unscathed, albeit tired and sweaty. Unbeknownst to me, Miss Ireland was interviewing one of the designers on the red carpet, as I arrived. I was later introduced to her once inside.It was then time to play socialite as I was there alone and knew absolutely no one. But all of sudden, who walks by? Azy Banks. I immediately recognized that face and he graciously acknowledged me, gave me a hug, and shook my hand. Thanks Azy. It was a pleasure meeting you.
I also met a kind soul who engaged in conversational banter with me at the event, Darryl C. Madison, Owner, MET Photography. www.madisonspics.zenfolio.com. He was very informative and I got to see him work magic with his camera. Hopefully, our paths will cross again in the future. I only wish I had had a camera like his to take better shots of the runway fashions, once we were ushered into the theatre. My iPhone died trying to take video so all I could do was sit back and enjoy the displays in awe.
WOW!! My first venture into he realm of MBFW New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment